Hello, Readers welcome to our Blog. Today we are back to the interesting article which is all about activation of the UAN account by the UAN number of EPFO portal. EPFO has introduced the UAN (Universal Account Number) for members and the provided number help them or allows portability of PF accounts without depending on others employers and they can easily transfer or withdraw money quickly. The UAN number which has to be allotted by an employer needs to be activated.
First of all, let us talk about EPFO. EPFO is an Employees’ Provident Fund Organization. The EPFO is mandatory for all companies who have more than 7 employees. This scheme is launched by Government for saving the employees’ interest as part of the small saving scheme. In this scheme, 50% employees’ share is deposited. Government has now issued a unique no. for every member which is called Universal Identification Number. If any employee left the job or transfer in another company, in this case, this unique no. is very helpful because your PF amount will be shifted through this no. in your PF account without any cancellation of PF account. The former employer will provide UAN and member ID to the current employer. UAN no. is very essential no. for an employee. UAN is a 12 digit no. which is prearranged to every employee by EPFO. The idea is to link multiple Member Id to a single member means the foremost benefit of UAN is that it includes easy tagging of multiple EPF Member Id under a single member Id. The UAN number will be in touch with you that includes your monthly payslip.
Benefits of activating the UAN:
There are some lots of benefits in activating your UAN number. Some benefits listed below:
- The Member can check his PF status.
- The Member can Update or correct KYC information.
- The Member can track his claim status for withdrawal.
- Member can also check his UAN status if he doesn’t receive any UAN yet.
- The Member can download PF passbook.
Some people facing problems to activate UAN at EPFO but, we are here to solve you this problem for you.
Please follow these instructions below:-
- Visit the website at https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- Click on the “Activate UAN” link in the right bottom corner under the Important Links bar.
- Fill the compulsory field for the UAN activation such as UAN no., name, date of birth, Mobile no., Email id.
- Now you will receive OTP in your registered Mobile no.
- Enter OTP no. carefully.
- After filling OTP you will receive a password in your mobile.
- Now you can Login with your UAN no. and Password.
Points to note:
- The member can access the EPF passbook and download the UAN card once registration is completed by using the login id and password.
- The member can access the User Manual on the activation page of the website which provides information on the activation and further use of the portal.