Universal Account Number (UAN) is one of the most significant numbers for the employee. The EPF member cannot avoid this number because EPFO services are linked with this figure. A login UAN member portal gives the many new facilities which are not available earlier. The registration and UAN login everyone does this very easily.
Table Of Content
The universal account number is the unique number which is given to every employee who contributes in the EPF scheme. The two different EPF members don’t have the same UAN. The UAN number has not changed with the change of job. Now every EPF employee has the UAN number. If you don’t know about the UAN, then contact your employer. Universal Account Number helps to transfer EPF balance very quickly.
Chapter 1. Unified UAN Member Portal
The UAN member portal is the most famous website of the EPFO. The website address is http://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/member interface. The many services are related to the EPF are available on the site. The user can use these services through this portal.
- Download UAN card
- Then verify personal details
- Download the pass book
- Check your EPF contribution
- Update and submit your KYC details. For example Bank account, PAN, and Aadhaar
Login into this portal for avail these services. The EPF member who has the UAN will login in this portal.
Section 1. Activation and Registration at UAN member portal
The users who are using the first time of the UAN member portal have to activate their UAN member portal.
- To activate your UAN you have to visit on the UAN member portal and click on the Activate UAN. The Activate button is available in the Login Box.
- You would see the form to fill. The UAN was activated by entering any of the following four documents:-
- EPF ID
- Adhaar Card
- PAN Card
- After selecting one of the above options, then enter your name, mobile number, email address, and date of birth.
- Follow the proper guidelines for filling the EPF number. Only fill that mobile number which is permanently because it helps to reset the forget password.
- After filling all the details, then enter the Captcha and submit the form.
- For the mobile authentication, you will get the pin on your mobile for the authorization. Then read that SMS and enter the pin and submit the form.
- Once you submit your details, you will see your name, employer details, and date of birth. Verify all the details and create your password. The password should be alphanumeric and have minimum one unique character and password should be 8-25 character long. The individual character is !@#$%^&*(). The password has helped you to log into the UAN member portal.
- Give your email address and submit it. This will complete the UAN activation and registration. You will get the confirmation by SMS with your registered mobile number.
Section 2. UAN Login
To login into the UAN member portal, you have to use your user id and password. The User ID would be your UAN number while password would be the same which was created at the time of UAN activation.
If you forget your password, you will reset it. The OTP is sent in your registration mobile number to reset the password. After Login you will reach the UAN dashboard. The UAN dashboard provides the following option: –
- Edit your mobile number
- Select your email id
- Update your KYC information
- Change your password
- Edit your personal details
- Transfer Claim
- Transfer application file
- View the transfer application status
- Generate the transfer application status
- Previous member IDs
- List of last member ID
- See the status
- Download the member Passbook
- Download the UAN card
- Contact us
- Helpdesk number
- Helpdesk email
Section 3. How to update your KYC detail
The UAN member portal helps you to update your KYC detail quickly. For performing this task, go to the profile menu and select update KYC information.
Upload the copy of the document. The scanned document size should not exceed 300 KB. The employer must approve your uploaded KYC document. Till then the status of KYC will show as pending.
The UAN member portal helps you to update the following document:-
- National Population Registration
- Ration card
- Aadhaar card
- Driving card
- Bank Account Number
- Election card
- Permanent Account Number
1) The Benefits of completing the KYC Process
Members with the KYC will helped with the following services:-
- It’s smooth the EPF transfer
- It’s smooth the withdrawal of PF amount
- Transparency in their Accounts
- The activated account member would get the monthly SMS intimation of their monthly PF.
2) How to Download the UAN card
Firstly, log into the UAN portal with your valid username and password. Then go to the Download menu and select the download UAN card option. The UAN card was downloaded in the form of PDF.
3) How to change mobile number and email
With the help of UAN dashboard, you can change your email id and mobile number. Must change your mobile number if you are going to abandon your existing mobile number.
For changing the mobile number and email id, you need to go profile menu in the UAN member portal and select the option Edit mobile number/ Edit Email ID. Give the new details and submit it.
4) Services after UAN activation of Member Portal
You can also avail these services after the UAN activation at the UAN gateway. These are not listed on UAN dashboard, but it is given to EPF members after activation.
- The post-activation member will receive an SMS about their EPF balance and credit/debit to their EPF account.
- You can give the missed call to get the details about their PF account.
- Members are also downloading the EPF mobile app to track their EPF account
- You may list the all existing EPF accounts.