Universal Account Number (UAN) is one of the most significant numbers for the employee. The EPF member cannot avoid this number because EPFO services are linked with this figure. A login UAN member portal gives the many new facilities which are not available earlier. The registration and UAN login everyone does this very easily.
- 1 Unified UAN Member Portal
- 1.1 Activation and Registration at UAN member portal
- 1.2 UAN Login
- 1.3 How to update your KYC detail
- 1.4 EPF payment online Employer ECR Challan Payment
- 1.5 How to transfer PF online
The universal account number is the unique number which is given to every employee who contributes in the EPF scheme. The two different EPF members don’t have the same UAN. The UAN number has not changed with the change of job. Now every EPF employee has the UAN number. If you don’t know about the UAN, then contact your employer. Universal Account Number helps to transfer EPF balance very quickly.
Unified UAN Member Portal
The UAN member portal is the most famous website of the EPFO. The website address is http://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/ member interface. The many services are related to the EPF are available on the site. The user can use these services through this portal.
- Download UAN card
- Then verify personal details
- Download the pass book
- Check your EPF contribution
- Update and submit your KYC details. For example Bank account, PAN, and Aadhaar
Login into this portal for avail these services. The EPF member who has the UAN will login in this portal.
Activation and Registration at UAN member portal
The users who are using the first time of the UAN member portal have to activate their UAN member portal.
- To activate your UAN you have to visit on the UAN member portal and click on the Activate UAN. The Activate button is available in the Login Box.
- You would see the form to fill. The UAN was activated by entering any of the following four documents:-
- EPF ID
- Adhaar Card
- PAN Card
- After selecting one of the above options, then enter your name, mobile number, email address, and date of birth.
- Follow the proper guidelines for filling the EPF number. Only fill that mobile number which is permanently because it helps to reset the forget password.
- After filling all the details, then enter the Captcha and submit the form.
- For the mobile authentication, you will get the pin on your mobile for the authorization. Then read that SMS and enter the pin and submit the form.
- Once you submit your details, you will see your name, employer details, and date of birth. Verify all the details and create your password. The password should be alphanumeric and have minimum one unique character and password should be 8-25 character long. The individual character is !@#$%^&*(). The password has helped you to log into the UAN member portal.
- Give your email address and submit it. This will complete the UAN activation and registration. You will get the confirmation by SMS with your registered mobile number.
To login into the UAN member portal, you have to use your user id and password. The User ID would be your UAN number while password would be the same which was created at the time of UAN activation.
If you forget your password, you will reset it. The OTP is sent in your registration mobile number to reset the password. After Login you will reach the UAN dashboard. The UAN dashboard provides the following option: –
- Edit your mobile number
- Select your email id
- Update your KYC information
- Change your password
- Edit your personal details
- Transfer Claim
- Transfer application file
- View the transfer application status
- Generate the transfer application status
- Previous member IDs
- List of last member ID
- See the status
- Download the member Passbook
- Download the UAN card
- Contact us
- Helpdesk number
- Helpdesk email
How to update your KYC detail
The UAN member portal helps you to update your KYC detail quickly. For performing this task, go to the profile menu and select update KYC information.
Upload the copy of the document. The scanned document size should not exceed 300 KB. The employer must approve your uploaded KYC document. Till then the status of KYC will show as pending.
The UAN member portal helps you to update the following document:-
- National Population Registration
- Ration card
- Aadhaar card
- Driving card
- Bank Account Number
- Election card
- Permanent Account Number
The Benefits of completing the KYC Process
Members with the KYC will helped with the following services:-
- It’s smooth the EPF transfer
- It’s smooth the withdrawal of PF amount
- Transparency in their Accounts
- The activated account member would get the monthly SMS intimation of their monthly PF.
How to Download the UAN card
Firstly, log into the UAN portal with your valid username and password. Then go to the Download menu and select the download UAN card option. The UAN card was downloaded in the form of PDF.
How to change mobile number and email
With the help of UAN dashboard, you can change your email id and mobile number. Must change your mobile number if you are going to abandon your existing mobile number.
For changing the mobile number and email id, you need to go profile menu in the UAN member portal and select the option Edit mobile number/ Edit Email ID. Give the new details and submit it.
Services after UAN activation of Member Portal
You can also avail these services after the UAN activation at the UAN gateway. These are not listed on UAN dashboard, but it is given to EPF members after activation.
- The post-activation member will receive an SMS about their EPF balance and credit/debit to their EPF account.
- You can give the missed call to get the details about their PF account.
- Members are also downloading the EPF mobile app to track their EPF account
- You may list the all existing EPF accounts.
EPF payment online Employer ECR Challan Payment
Now the EPFO made the EPF payment very easy from the January 2017. The EPFO has launched the new employer UAN portal for generating TRRN and make the payment with the help of various banks with ECR Challan generation.
Easy way to pay the EPF payment from the online
The employers are responsible for the payment of EPf payment online at the EPF portal online. EPFO stands for Employees Provident Fund Organization, which is mainly for the volume of the transaction. The Employee provident fund is managed by the association which is known as EPFO. This is one of the most leading provident funds in this modern world in the terms of saving the money as well as the volume of the transaction. It is following the Employees provident fund as well as the provision. Most of the workers have the paying option and it has a choice to join the scheme with the consent of the employer.
Steps for EPF payment online:
- First of all, go to the official website.
- Enter the TRRN as well as the select option for charging the EPF payment.
- Then enter your customer ID as well as the password. This is the time to have the two types of login ID, domain ID as well as a password.
- Enter your account details to obtain your account debited from the online.
- Also, check your EPF payment reports on account>>report section.
These are the steps for using paying the online payment from the online payments. If you have to pay the amount, then follow the steps so you can pay the money in the online process. You can easily transfer your amount through the online payments.
How to make the EPF payment in the 2017 year
From the January 2017 EPFO has changed the employer UAN login portal to unified employer login portal. You can pay the monthly EPF payment include employee and employer contribution by generating the ECR Challan online. You have to upload the employee details with the monthly contribution. For the EPF payment, you have to download the previous ECR in an excel sheet and change the appropriate values save as CSV format. Then open it on the notepad, change the comma with the hashtags and save it as Text format. Upload the employer PF details to generate the ECR Challan. Also enter the required details for TRRN number and make payment through the various banks such as HDFC, ICICI, SBI etc.
EPF payment at unified UAN employer portal
Visit to the unified employee portal. The address of the portal is https://unifiedportal-emp.epfindia.gov.in/epfo/.
This is also known as the EPFO member UAN Portal. Click on the establishment sign which provide on your credential login the unified EPFO portal. Generate the ECR Challan to make the payment with the help of various banks other than the SBI etc.
How to transfer PF online
PF transfer is now automatic with the help of UAN number. The PF is provided for the individuals are those who work in the organization for many years. The EPF is created for the private sector jobs. The employee can approach for the provident fund after the retirement of the job. The EPF number is offered for the each employee as a unique number. With the help of EPF account number, one can transfer or withdraw the money to another PF account. It does not if the employee changes their workplace from another city, they still have the same PF number. For, registration on this account the employee must have required paperwork to create the new account. The EPF account will be created with the help of the employee in the organization. When the employee changing their job and join as a new employee in another company, the employee does not have the option to open the fresh and close the old account.
Step by Step Guidelines for the PF transfer
If you are new to transferring the PF amount to the other PF account, then read the following instruction carefully.
If you already have a UAN, then you can transfer the amount easily. Otherwise, ask your employer to create the new UAN account.
- First of all, you need to visit the official page and create the UAN login ID.
- It will take you the page where you enter the details of the current employer, such as UAN, mobile number, and account number.
- Must check your eligibility for transfer the funds on the website. You have to fill your state which given in the drop down menu.
- Click into the eligibility to check your status if you are eligible or not.
- After that, the site displays the status and if you are eligible then register on the website.
- Now you need to submit the ID proof like Aadhar card, Pan card, and other important documents. After that, the site will send the PIN number to your phone number for the verification.
- Now, enter the PIN number and continue with the further process.
- It will take you to the member claim portal, you have to log in with the document ID and mobile number. You can see all the option after login.
- Now you have to go to the homepage and click on request for transfer of accounts.
- Now, fill the PF transfer form.
- In the first part of the form, you have to enter your personal details. Then, enter the IFSC code and the salary account number.
- In the second part, you have to fill your old PF account.
- After that, fill the current PF account. After filling the form currently, preview your form to check you enter correctly. Click on the agree after entering the PIN number, the PF is money transferred.